Thursday, October 24, 2013

Review: Switch


Switch
Janelle Stalder
4.5/5.0

All’s fair in love and war.

Two thirds of the world's population has been wiped out, devastated by the worst war earth has ever seen. Still standing amongst the ruins is a mind reader who finds herself on the wrong side of the war. Everyone does what they must to survive. When the rebels bent on bringing down the New World leader start to rise up, it is her job to make sure they stay down where they belong. That is, until one rebel sneaks past her defences and into her heart. Love will blossom from the ashes, but will it be enough to save them, or will it mean the end of them both?


*This book is for mature audiences due to sexual situations, violence and strong language. NA


First off:

THANK YOU Janelle Stalder for FINALLY writing a (true) NA book the way I've always wanted to see one written.

I generally avoid NA books because the vast majority of NA books out there right now are contemporary romances.  I'm not a huge fan of romance novels personally.  I have nothing against them really, I just need something with a bit more... ... action?  It's definitely not that I'm anti-romance.  I LOVE a good romance/love interest.  However, I really need the book to be about something else. 

I've always wanted to find a NA book that was truly dystopian/post-apocalyptic/etc.  I want all the dirt and grit we get in YA Dystopian, but with an adult lead, facing adult issues, and maybe, ya know, getting into a few *clears throat* adult situations.

Switch does just that.  It's a dystopian book, full of all the gritty, OMG moments we know and love from YA, but with a very steamy adult twist.


And Pete McCay...

There is just something about him that is... so... freaking... sexy.   He's got the sexy bad boy with a soft side thing down.  Also... in my head... he's totally got an Irish accent, so all I saw was The Boondock Saints.
Particularly the shower scene from Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day.  *drool*

Charlotte/Dinah (read the book and you'll understand that phrasing) was also amazing.  She's a serious bad-ass, and I love her and Pete together.

I seriously LOVED this book and I HIGHLY recommend it.  HIGHLY!  My only real concern was the end where it was hinted that book two might be a book about a different couple.  I'm seriously in love with Pete and Charlotte/Dinah.  I want to see what happens with the other couple too, but not at the loss of being all over THIS relationship.  However, whatever Janelle Stalder writes, I will most definitely be reading.  I can't wait to see how this whole world plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment